Friday, September 21, 2012

The Daisy Chain Cake

The Daisy Chain Cake
 
 
In all honesty, this cake was a complete accident. It was supposed to be all pink, but I was short on pink fondant and I had some yellow so.....I laid just enough yellow fondant on the top of the cake to cover the top and about 1/2 inch on the side of the cake. Then I rolled out enough pink fondant to wrap around the cake.
For this 4 layer cake, I made 40 large daisies, placing one on top of the other to have 20 daisies with the petals slightly offset on the cake. Roll out 20 small white or yellow balls to place in the center. Brush a small amount of water on one side of the balls and cover in yellow sugar sprinkles and place in the centers of the daisies. I placed 3 of the daisies in a diagonal line down the cake and added leaves behind them for the focal point. The other daisies are just randomly added without leaves.
I'll cover how to make the bow in an upcoming post.

No comments:

Post a Comment